Thursday, July 13, 2017

An Evening with Daniel Silva

There are a few authors I absolutely love.  I read all of their novels.  A few years ago, I read all of Agatha Christie's works and this year I am reading all of Ian Rankin's.  Over many years now I have been reading all of Daniel Silva's books and tonight I got to meet him up close and personal.  It was a real treat.

Now I do not write book reviews, but I do rate the books I read and Silva's books are all five stars.  I was fortunate enough to have read an advance copy of 'The House of Spies' and now I have my own autographed copy.

My very first paying job was in the book department for the J. L. Hudson Company in downtown Detroit.  I've always loved reading.  I've had a few autographed books in the past, but gave them away.  This one is going no place but on the shelf.

Mr. Silva was very entertaining.  You may have heard that his Gabriel Allon series of books (there are now 17) are being made into a TV series by MGM TV.  Silva did not tell us what books are being adapted nor who is being considered for roles in the series.  In my mind I have always pictured Gabriel as resembling Silva.  They both have green eyes.  Coincidence?

Anyway, I am glad I spent the evening as I did.  I almost didn't go.  Sometimes one gets lazy and I just needed a little push.  Right decision.  Here are a few photos from the event.
Sitting backstage before the event
 The auditorium starts to fill
 WDIV Detroit reporter Hank Winchester asking the questions
 Daniel Silva asking the audience questions.  Yes, we want to keep reading about Gabriel Allon, yes we would read books without Gabriel Allon, yes we will read whatever you write.

A good time was had by all.  Thanks to the Berman Theatre at the JCC and the Township Library for hosting the event.

5 comments:

  1. That's wonderful, Denise! My husband enjoys his books as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mysteries, thrillers, espionage.... That is the genre I really enjoy. Then I have to take a break and read something a little lighter. Like your books.

      Delete
  2. Not heard of him before Denise, will investigate. Thanks. Glad you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just Ordered The Kill Artist and The English Assassin at the library.

      Delete
    2. If I had the time I would go back and reread some of these as I forgot the entire story. There is only so much room for storage in my old brain.

      Delete

I love to hear your comments and will try to reply on this blog and visit your blog when available.